The Marketing Director position is responsible for working with key NBCUniversal Entertainment Group stakeholders, internally and externally, to market and increase national sales of the cross platform properties of the NBCUniversal Entertainment Group. This position will manage a team of 2+ sales marketers ranging from Managers, Analysts, Associates, Pages and Interns.
- Work with Senior Director in creating, developing and managing the portfolio of sales materials for all properties: sales presentations (base and customized,) sales videos, one sheets, calendars, online media kit, email blasts, etc.
- Act as the central point of contact for inbound marketing requests and liaise with all appropriate internal groups (Network Partnerships, Programming, Production, Digital, Research, Pricing/Planning, Consumer Marketing, Corporate Communications, etc.) to facilitate efficient and transparent communication.
- Oversee the post-sell process (recap presentations and videos) to showcase program results and work with the sales team to refine and enhance concepts driving cross and up-sell opportunities.
- Effectively lead, manage and mentor team of 2+ employees (Marketing Mangers, Analysts, Associates, Pages and/or Interns.)
• 7+ years of experience with an agency, client or media company sales organization background, where the individual was responsible for presentation, sponsorship, creative and promotion development.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the office in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Robust understanding of advertising within all platforms of the Entertainment media space
• Knowledge of Entertainment marketplace
• Extensive experience in presentation development
• Ability to interact with senior-level management, internally and externally
• Strong organizational, project & event management
• Understanding of the creative development process
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and media in general
• Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
• Highly innovative with positive energy
• Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to lead and motivate a team of 2+ direct reports, interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external teams
• Strong familiarity with both Quantitative and Qualitative research tools – the standard media measurement tools and research (Nielsen, Mendelsohn, MRI, Simmons, CMR, IAG, IMMI, Keller Faye, simultaneous platform use, digital and social media measurement, custom studies, etc.) and ability to derive insights and craft sales stories based on relevant data
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and budget management skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, other presentation platforms, etc.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.