WB Games Montreal, a division on WB Games Inc., seeks a Lead Gameplay Programmer to join its game development team working on a new IP project for next generation game platforms.
As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, this individual will manage a group of engineers to design, develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform systems and tools, examples of which include: character controls, character animations, AI, weapon systems. This lead will also prioritize work, develop plans and work with production to help schedule and assign tasks to team members.
· Lead a group of programmers in the development of new systems, features, and tools in addition to leveraging newest technologies while maintaining a stable code base · Work closely with content directors, game designers, level designers, artists, and producers to develop the technical designs, engineering schedules, and game systems. · Hold departmental meetings to gather feature requirements and discuss implementation strategies. Do task breakdowns for engineering features. · Ensure successful deployment of new features and code changes to the team.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
· 7+ years of software development experience in the game industry.
· Experience developing for XboxOne, Xbox360, PS4 or PS3 (preferably several)
· 6+ years experience with C/C++.
· Familiarity with UE4 engine is a plus
· Shipping a AAA console game with a multiplayer is a must
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
· Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
· Knowledge of character animation systems
· Knowledge of AI, pathfinding
· Knowledge of online synchronization and replication
· Knowledge of game physics
· Leadership ability, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experience with coordinating, mentoring and building a cohesive programming team.
· Experience with establishing clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews
· Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
· Working knowledge of 3D math
· Experience architecting and debugging large robust systems.
· Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
· Excellent organization and writing skills.
· Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
· Strong code architecture and design skills.
· Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.