Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
TEXTURE ARTIST [SR]JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Texture artist creates photo-real textures for hard surface and organic models, environments and hero creature work.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Create photoreal textures, both hand painted and from set photography to a level of detail necessary for hero CG assets
- Work independently on defined tasks, but in collaboration with artists and supervisors in modeling, shading and lighting during the look development process
- Detail oriented both creatively and technically
- Ability to complete tasks within production schedules and deadlines in an organized manner
- Ability to learn and adapt to new workflows and methods
- Open and responsive to guidance and review notes from supervisors, both creative and technical
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- BA/Diploma in area of Digital Arts is preferred
- 5+ years experience in VFX feature "realism" films
- Hands on experience using Mari essential, Photoshop, ZBrush, Mudbox a plus
- Working knowledge of Maya necessary, 3ds Max, V-Ray, Nuke a plus
- Clear understanding of color space, shading, lighting, and rendering methodologies
- Familiarity with digital photography
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.