OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
Responsible for translating the screen story into the visual language of cinema. The Storyboard artist's role is to translate scripts from print to visual medium that simply and briefly illustrates the film's key scenes and events, establishes the mood, characters plot, the setting and anything else will help the audience understand the story. Invents and stages action.
- Analyze the story/ script
- Interpreting script pages and sequences into visual presentations.
- Developing characters and dramatic action scene by scene.
- Suggesting shooting angles and transitions.
- Incorporating Director's notes.
- Working quickly to translate story ideas into visual sequences.
- Work closely with Director, Art Director and Pre-Production Supervisor to choose the shots and define action.
- Create Storyboards for the scenes assigned. Qualifications - Minimum 3 years feature film or television experiences and demonstrated success in like position.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Strong drawing skills that suggest character and action
- Understanding of cinematic scene and dramatic structure
- Understanding of character development
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to analyze scenes in written form and translate into visual product.
- Ability to express story and character through drawings-to draw characters that are model and express emotion.
- Ability to invent action and express it through drawing.
To be updated manually
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.