Set up in 2014, DNEG's Feature Animation division works in tandem with IP creators and filmmakers to create high-end animated features, based out of DNEG'€™s London HQ.
The Assistant Editor role is a great opportunity for anyone interested in joining a fresh and pioneering Feature Animation division established within a Award winning VFX house!
This is a unique role that merges the requirements and responsibilities from both VFX edit and Story edit. Working hand in hand with the Production team and Story editorial, the Assistant Editor is responsible for supporting the Feature Animation Editor in handling the internal editorial tasks required by the show.
Through close collaboration with the Layout, Animation and Production teams, the Assistant Editor is expected to have a thorough knowledge of all cuts of the show and a good creative eye to assist the teams in proposing cut developments to Story edit. The role requires maintaining our databases and keeping cut information up to date and well communicated out to the crew. You’ll be responsible for maintaining and updating all internal cuts as well as assisting the
Editor with ingest and client delivery. When required, you will be asked to cover the work of the Editor.
The role is suitable for a candidate who is has good mix of technical and creative editorial skills and is wanting to be part of an exciting venture.Must Have:
- Proven experience working in either a Animation or VFX Editorial Department on high-end long-form productions (TV/Feature Films).
- Demonstrate a good level of knowledge and proficiency in Avid Media Composer.
- Knowledge of other non-linear editing platforms a bonus e.g. Adobe Premiere and Final Cut.
- Good understanding of Film and HD video formats, files, frame rates and resolutions and familiarity with working with different video codecs.
- Experience encoding and transcoding and ingesting and conforming to output from the Avid.
- Good IT skills and Mac literate.
- Solid understanding of all editorial tools.
- A good understanding of the Animation process and awareness of VFX pipeline and terminology.
- Experience using shot tracking databases such as Shotgun or Filemaker.
- Experience cutting together boards and/or previs.
- Sound mixing awareness and temp foley recording not essential but experience with this would be valuable.
- Flexible self motivated individual
- Keen to learn new skills
- A good listener and communicator
- Ability to multi-task
- Good eye for detail
- Strong team player
- Problem solver
- Fedora Linux (basic)
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.