Oxygen Media NBCUniversal is actively seeking a Design Director of On Air Motion Graphic Team in New York.
The Design Director is responsible for directing and managing a team of designers/animators, in and out of house, in the day-to-day production of creative design solutions that serve the company’s strategic needs while maintaining brand consistency and meeting the Creative Director’s creative vision. This includes but, is not limited to promo design, show packaging, onscreen navigation and presentation work. Hands-on production design and animation work is required.
- Work with Creative Director to supply fresh ideas while maintaining the network brand.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable managing up to network senior executives.
- Must have experience managing direct or indirect reports on multiple projects.
- Supervise and inspire the in-house design team, promo department as well as vendor partners.
- Generate multiple ideas and design directions for a project, and implement those concepts through high quality design and production, ensuring design is in sync with the network style guide and adheres to budgets.
- Oversee projects produced by out-of-house agencies and freelancers to ensure they are high-quality design and adhere to the network style guide.
- Prep for and attend shoots as needed to oversee, direct and inform lighting, wardrobe/prop direction and set design decisions.
- Partner with Art Director of Print Design and Promo producers to develop ideas, manage and maintain the network brand.
- Stay abreast of all technologies used in motion design with an eye toward future expansion.
- Design concepts for on-air, social and digital, which are consistent with the Oxygen brand.
● BFA in Graphic Design or Motion Design
● 7+ years of experience in broadcast design, cable network, or design studio with some management experience preferred.
● Strong typography sense is a must.
● Expert knowledge of all current design software and hardware including After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere.
● Conceptual thinker with experience art directing.
● Very detail-oriented.
● Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation and with clients, working under pressure, and juggling multiple stages of development are required.
● Basic knowledge and experiences in live action shoot.
● Risk taker, positive, driving and fair personality.
● High emotional intelligence and the ability to thrive in a high-demand, fast paced, results-driven environment.
● Excellent attention to details, cultural and design trend and grasp of great art and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals.
● Experience in leading a team, mentoring, coaching and providing clear
direction and feedback to artist
● Excellent time management and organizational skills
● Current contractor in the space at NBCUniversal or a similar company preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.