OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
The Crowd Technical Director is responsible for the design and implementation of crowd dressing, motion, and rendering in production shots and sequences. Works in a team environment to determine various design and technical solutions. Coordinates with other team members on integrating and optimizing the crowds process with the balance of the production pipeline. Trouble shoot issues from simulation to render.
Tasks throughout show:
- Asset look dev: Prototype assets and techniques for up coming shows, identifying complexities of new assets.
- Rig creation: Create and/or convert assets to fit within the specifications of the crowd simulation and render pipelines through procedural and scripted processes.
- Cycle Processing: Assist in developing and maintaining effective workflows for the processing and retargeting of animation cycles across assets.
- Crowd Simulation: Creation of crowd simulation data for use in layout blocking and final shot work.
- Strong knowledge of crowd systems such as Houdini, Golaem, Massive, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
- Strong Python and GUI scripting
- C or C++ programming Maya plugins a plus
- Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and creative problem solving
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.