Working closely with the CG Supervisor and the Rigging Supervisor, the Rigger will be responsible for building robust and efficient rigs and working with the CG team to implement and support these rigs.
- With the CG Supervisor, Rigging, Animation, and Modeling Leads, identify the production's specific rigging needs
- Design efficient rigs appropriate to the production’s needs
- Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed
- Work with the CG team implementing the rigs and rigging the assets
- Design and implement scripted solutions for maximum speed and efficiency of rigging
- Work with leads and supervisors in the testing of rigged assets.
- During production, support all the rigged assets.
- Rigging knowledge in industry production software such as Maya or Houdini
- Knowledge of other packages an asset, such as Motion Builder
- Must have some experience as a rigger on high-end feature film productions
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on inspired leadership required
- A strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision required
- Linux scripting experience, especially in Bash/Python is desirable