As an Executive Producer, you will be responsible for the overall content, managing breaking news and operation functions of assigned newscasts.
- Will develop performance management standards for producers and associate producers for assigned newscasts.
- Responsible for quality control, which includes writing, story selection, production value, digital strategy and editorial quality of newscasts.
- Responsible for all script approval.
- Supervise on-air product, graphic look and continuity.
- Communicate with news management and assignment desk personnel to shape newscasts and determine the composition and flow of all assigned platforms.
- Responsible for driving engagement and promoting reporter interaction with audiences on social media.
- Directly involved with annual reviews for team members.
- Manages schedules for Shift Producer and Associate Producer.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a news producer.
• Prior management experience in news broadcasting (at least one year minimum).
• Willingness to work overtime, nights and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years old or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Degree in Journalism or Communications or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to make quick, priority decisions under extreme deadlines.
• Strong journalistic, leadership, personnel management and communication skills. Ability to make priority decisions under extreme deadlines.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.