Reports to: VP Artist Management
The Associate Artist Manager works closely with AM's to update and maintain the crewing database. Tracks artists daily crewing releases and assignments, suggests alternatives for crewing artists. Manages artists training, transitions, and AWM. Manages feedback deadlines, collection, and schedules artist leads to give feedback to their artists. Works closely with recruiting and training when on boarding new artists. Manages artists operational needs. Works as liaison between artists and artist managers at peak production times. AAM's will work closely with P&O to ensure the work permits and contracts align with production needs and flags any issues for future crewing.Planning/ Needs Analysis
- Works with AM's to implement plans for headcount increases and decreases within their assigned department.
- Help manage artist roll off plans at the end of production
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Maintain 100+ crewing assignments in alignment with artist, facility and production via the crewing database and various spreadsheets.
- Manage scheduling for 100+ contract expirations, option pick ups, and meetings for AM's
- Initiate Visa or contract renewals with P & O
- Schedule performance reviews and meetings for leads and AMs
- Update weekly crewing documents
- Initiate paperwork for show hires, deal extensions, terminations and follow up with P&O
- Fix and approve timecards at the beginning of each week.
- Interact and build successful relationships with key internal stakeholders (Show teams, Recruiting, Training, People & Organization and others as required)
5+ Years with at least 2 years of management experience. Must have experience in CG Animation or Visual Effects studio.Knowledge:
- Must have working knowledge of artist roles within CG Animated and Visual Effects studio
- Must have working knowledge of timeline of crewing of CG Animated and Visual Effects productions.
- Experience with facilitating a large group of artists
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with clear attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working with crewing databases required.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Developing and encouraging collaborative partnerships across departments
- Proven track record of being able to work and communicate effectively with artists
- Adjust to ever evolving tasks
Please submit an online application: Apply