Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the very best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new stories to the big screen for audiences around the world. Constantly challenged to create innovative new technologies for animated features, theme park productions, and special projects for the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Animation Studios is home to some of the most talented artists working in the film industry today.
Our Lighting artists are an integral part of the storytelling process, using their keen eye to manipulate color and light to emphasize shifts of mood both subtle and dynamic. We are looking for artists who thrive in a team environment. This includes the ability to share ideas and also to be open to ideas within the team. We currently have an exciting opportunity for experienced lighters at our Burbank, CA studio.
Lighting artists are responsible for lighting, rendering, and compositing shots together with both character and environment renders into a final frame until it meets the vision of the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography: Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.
Lighting artists are expected to present shots in a dailies environment, effectively communicate issues regarding their shots, and deliver top-notch work within production deadlines.
- BA in Art, Digital Media, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
- Notable production experience with 3D lighting and compositing
- A strong visual sense and the ability to distinguish subtle differences that affect the matching of elements created in multiple mediums
- Working knowledge of a node-based compositing system (i.e. Shake or Nuke) required
- Global illumination lighting such as V-Ray, Arnold or similar experience required
- Strong in-depth knowledge of Unix and/or Linux
- Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography: Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.
Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.