The Compositor is responsible for hands on operation of the compositing workstation. Design and execution of final composites for delivery of HD and Film projects is a daily requirement. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment. In addition, the Compositor serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanor and diplomacy.
- work with compositing software: Nuke
- maintain logs, data and work orders as required to efficiently track the status of work
- consult with the Compositing Leads and/or Supervisor as well as the other artists on the team - as required
- investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology
- other miscellaneous duties as required from time-to-time by the VFX or Compositing Supervisors
- 5+ year experience
- Good working knowledge of Nuke
- Experience in working with live action plates in film or television
- Complete understanding of color correction, blue & green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the technical and organizational aspects of the studio pipeline
- Good working knowledge of Linux file systems an asset
- Good working knowledge of render queues and related technologies and issues
- Experience with Shotgun an asset
This is a full-time position requiring periodical overtime.