We have some outstanding opportunities for Interns to join one of the world’s premier entertainment networks.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine passion for technology and have completed a placement year as part of your studies ideally with C#, .NET, SQL Server and AWS experience.
You will work together with an established, talented and experienced development team working with Agile Methodologies to help build out functionality on a .NET / AngularJs business system that supports key business functionality. There will also be opportunities to get involved with media engineering and post production delivery and support.
You will understand the fundamental design principals behind scalable applications and the importance of testing and security. You have the ability to quickly grasp the underlying business requirements of our operation and help us turn them into effective and reliable technical solutions that excite and delight our user base.Qualifications/Requirements
Exact responsibilities will vary slightly between each division/team, however the main responsibilities of any Media & Software Engineer Intern will include:
- Configuration of new linear and VOD channels
- Writing database queries and generating ad hoc reports
- Software development (peer reviewed)
- Software testing and creation of automated test cases
- System administration tasks
- Support and Issue resolution
- Media engineering and post production support tasks
- Opportunities to get involved with media engineering, post-production delivery and support
Education & Qualifications
You will be studying or recently graduated with a degree-level or equivalent course in Computer Science or similar subject, seeking a 12-month internship.
- Analytical with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise and manage workload
- Self-starter & fast learner; ability to work collaboratively within a busy team; work autonomously to deadlines, take initiative & keep calm under
- Strong office administration and IT skills; confident/advanced user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills; confident in communication with senior management
- Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly & responsibly
- Proactive & enthusiastic; willingness to learn; “can-do” attitude
- Previous work experience in a similar environment
- Experience or a willingness to learn Jira and Confluence
- You must have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship
- Fluent English. Additional languages may be useful.
Operations and Technology (O&T) supports NBCUniversal’s full portfolio of production, broadcast and media distribution businesses for both TV and Film. Services provided include technical and on-air operations, technology development, engineering and support, R&D, and corporate services such as real estate, facilities and security.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.