We are looking for a Segment Producer to write and produce segments with speed and accuracy for MSNBC Early Today. The Segment Producer is responsible for consistently delivering compelling in-depth news stories.
- Write and produce segments
- Determine video and sound for assigned segments
- Communicate daily development of segments to Senior and Executive Producer
- Pitch story ideas
- Take part in editorial planning
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Must have at least 3 years in both tape and desktop editing; strong writing skills a must
• Thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Back up line producer
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.