As an Associate Producer, you will work directly with NBC News producers to assist in all aspects of the production of non-fiction, non-scripted content for distribution.Job Duties:
- Contribute to production of original long form content, including, story development, extensive editorial research, logistics, and conducting pre-interviews and on-camera interviews. Participate in shooting, scripting, and editing as directed
- Produce show segments as needed under the direction of Senior Producer
- Coordinate with technical, operations staff and external resources
• Must have at least 3 years editorial production experience in long form programming for network or cable operations
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice as dictated by business need
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• DV shooting experience, including DSLR
• Ability to light and shoot sit down interviews
• Ability to shoot both breaking news and documentary style b-roll
• Ability to edit with non-linear editing systems especially Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.