Framestore is looking for an R&D developer to collaborate with our global VFX team producing innovative technology which allows us to meet the needs of current and future projects.
Primarily, this role will involve working on specific and consolidated R&D project briefs. The briefs will be set by our CG board along with key milestones. There will be a weekly reporting structure with face to face progress presentations at agreed intervals.
In the mid term, and in between specific project briefs, the R&D developer will work closely with our supervisors and artists to ensure the division has the technology to produce and maintain exceptionally high quality work, as well as developing tools which will keep our studio at the forefront of VFX, VR and emerging AI technology . This is a growing team at the forefront of new tech and offers the opportunity to grow and expand your role to suit your talents.
This exciting role could be based in any of our office locations in the UK or the US. We will also consider remote working for the right candidate. Travel will be required to all of our global offices from time to time.Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in steering the ongoing development of parts of our core technology
- Undertake a wide variety of R+D projects, document and clearly communicating the outcome of the research
- Maintain a good working relationship with the global CG and 2D supervision team and heads of departments
- Work alongside other senior pipeline and R&D staff to ensure our technology remains consistent
- Keep up to date on developments in CG, and participate in discussions concerning strategic tool development
- Use industry papers to implement practical solutions that are applicable to our global network of teams
- This position requires strong software skills, expertise in developing and supporting technology through production, and experience in leading other developers
- Degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields. Masters or Ph.D. preferred
- Several years experience of C++ software development in Linux/Unix. Additional experience with Qt and OpenGL desirable
- Algorithmic knowledge in the field as well as API's
- 5+ years in a VFX or Games company in a related role with a focus on R+D
- Experience of software development in a team environment, including the use of source control systems, revision management and maintenance
- Strong problem solving, communication and evaluation skills and the ability to recommend solutions to world class VFX Supervisors
- Experience in implementing and supporting a wide variety of complex software systems
- Experience of some combination of Maya/Arnold/Nuke API development
- Proven success in working with a global network with superior communication skills and ability to self direct
- Able to use industry research papers to implement practical solutions
- Demonstrate a capability for documenting and clearly communicating the results of your research
/privacy-policy . If you do not consent for your data to be used in this way then please do not continue with your application.