Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.We do not currently have openings available for the position of Texture Artist, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Texture Artists at DNEG create photo realistic textures and other related maps or images for mapping on to 3D objects. You will be creating images to a high level of realism as part of the model and shading set up, from scratch, from reference source photography, whilst reference paintings, reference books, and architecture. You will work closely with the other members of the build department, and become fluent in our in house software packages.
- Minimum 3 years of high-end feature film experience
- Proven high-end feature film VFX experience in Mari Software
- Full working knowledge of Photoshop, or similar paint package
- Strong visual skills, and a good eye for detail, scale, composition, colour and form
- A good knowledge of how the texture painting work fits into the bigger picture, particularly in relation to modelling, shading, and look development
- Experience with windows or mac operating systems
- Experience meeting deadlines while retaining a high quality of work
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Maya, and/or rendering software
- Knowledge of Body Paint, Deep Paint, or other 3D paint packages
- Supporting artwork such as a portfolio
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A tea m player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- A team leader, approachable and personable , with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.