NBC Sports Washington is seeking a Graphic Designer with digital, social and broadcast experience to join the creative services team. Reporting to the Director, Creative Services & Advanced Technology, the Graphic Designer will have a keen eye for design, modern graphic communications skills, a visual storytelling sense, and a strong interest in our brand. This is an opportunity to join a team of passionate designers who create content for multi-platforms (including digital, social, mobile, experiential and marketing channels).Responsibilities
- Design & animate show and live event graphics (monitors, opens, lower thirds, transitions, bumps, boxes, billboards, snipes, etc.)
- Fulfill daily graphics and animations requests for Content Department including (but not limited to): Open animations, sponsor elements, Show opens, Social Media Graphics, team/sponsor logos, headshots, etc.
- Design graphics requested for shows in a timely manner without sacrificing brand continuity or graphic quality.
- Distribute graphics for shows to their appropriate locations and notify production manager of location
- Integrate sponsor elements into new and existing graphics
- Edit promos and network spots with branding that includes design and animation of promo graphics
- Design marketing materials (print ads, one sheets, web banners, press kits, t-shirts, flyers, banners, billboards, premiums, etc.)
- Possess expert understanding of motion design, print design and web design.
- Should be able to create storyboards using Photoshop/illustrator for various animation projects, based on creative brief.
- Translate the storyboard ideas into animations, using adobe After Effects and or Cinema 4D
- Work with the NBC Sports Washington marketing team to design concepts for web banners for various live events and TV shows
- Produce still and animated graphics for current and new in-show segments
- Work with fellow designers on multiple projects
- Work and support NBC Sports Washington graphics and marketing department on various projects
QualificationsBachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Art or equivalent work experience required
Minimum 2 years of related professional work experience (i.e. Graphic Designer/Animator)
Minimum 2 years of experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Minimum 2 year experience in Adobe After Effects
Software Knowledge of: Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
Should be able to produce great concepts within very limited budgets
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
Self-starter with strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work under tight deadlines in fast paced, high pressure environment, live TV environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.