- NBC Affiliate Marketing is the primary contact for the NBC Network marketing, sales and promotional materials for all 235 NBC Owned Stations and Affiliates in on-air, off-channel and digital media.
- Plan, develop, execute, and deliver on marketing, sales, news, digital and operational assets to the 230+ NBC Affiliate and Owned Stations. The SVP will report to the President , Affiliate Relations and will lead and supervise the affiliate relations marketing team members.
- The SVP, Affiliate Marketing is the primary contact for broadcast station group marketing executives as well as the chief liaison between each show production and corporate management. This person will have face-to-face interactions with the stations, their various departments and their ownership groups.
- The SVP will have a significant role in the creation and strategic marketing of promotional assets and will direct the affiliate team in all aspects of station marketing. This includes working with the News, Sports, and Entertainment leadership on multiple and tangible actions plans from a station level to support the show specific targets. The SVP will consistently and clearly define plans with our stations within all windows and match the priorities simultaneously with theirs.
- The SVP will represent all Affiliates and OTS in high level programming and marketing meetings and discussions to assure that the local station business is taken into consideration when decisions are made.
- Basic Qualifications:
- 15 years’ experience working in broadcast television with emphasis on local stations marketing, promotion, digital or related field.
- Strong experience in station marketing or sales with excellent broadcast station relationships and an in-depth knowledge of the network/affiliate relationship.
- Prior experience managing budgets is necessary.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- External applicants are encouraged to submit a resume/CV through Apply to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Desired Characteristics Team orientated with a positive leadership style and the ability to mentor. Creativity is a big plus.
Bachelor Degree in marketing, social sciences, and/or statistics or other related field of study, or commensurate industry experience.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, including good working knowledge of Excel
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.