CNBC Digital is seeking a tech-obsessed shooter/editor/producer to join the growing technology video team. This candidate should be comfortable in all aspects of video production – and possess a unique storytelling voice.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable creating and owning original projects as well as working with other reporters and producers on their stories.
The Associate Producer will be tasked with pitching and creating video stories tailored for mobile, social and digital audiences. Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience is necessary.
Strong candidates will have a passion to explore and understand the world around them with special attention to technology and business news.Qualifications/Requirements
• Four-year college degree or similar experience with emphasis on communications, TV/Web production, journalism or multimedia studies
• 2+ years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including, producing, shooting, editing and lighting
• Experience editing on Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro and DSLR and cinema camera shooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Script and/or voice-over writing
• Highly collaborative and creative
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Broad knowledge of current events and technology news
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
• Photography experience preferred
• Skills in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.