The Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation and management of graphic designs and solutions that address the visual aspects of environment, placemaking, wayfinding and brand identity for USH & CW.
- Generates graphic design, signage design, façade design, logo design, attraction graphics, area development & wayfinding graphics.
- Produces creative solutions that maintain design intent & quality standards as required by Core Creative.
- Provides creative design & development, including communicating visual ideas to Senior Management & Core Creative.
- Works in direct support to the Production Designer and produces work, as required.
- Brainstorms & mocks up ideas & design solutions.
- Prepares for projects by doing image & comparable research.
- Prepares visual presentations for Senior Management.
- Illustrates concepts by doing layouts, selecting font types & sizes, arranging copy and images/renderings.
- Coordinates with necessary outside vendors, printers, etc. for completion of projects.
- Prioritizes, manages & accomplishes multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Graphic Design or similar strongly preferred.
• Combination of 3-5 years Education and or experience in a creative department; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, PowerPoint & Keynote.
• Highly creative with a keen eye for graphic design.
• Must have a working knowledge of typography and computer design software.
• Extensive knowledge of sign fabrication techniques and materials. Have drafting, rendering and presentation skills. Issue status reports to clients. Required to be familiar with industry color standards and limitations.
• Proven ability to work independently, identify and communicate creative solutions to challenges, maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through.
• Ability to achieve results through flawless execution of strategies & objectives.
• Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational & multi-tasking skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity and constant change.
Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.