Framestore is looking to hire a Systems Runner to join our Los Angeles facility.
The Systems Runner will be required to work within our busy Systems/Engineering department where a significant part of the role will involve the relocation and set up of hardware and systems. This role would suit someone looking for an entry level position within a busy and creative company where they will be encouraged to learn and develop their skills in a supportive environment.
This is a temporary to permanent position, so staff opportunities with benefits are available for the appropriate candidate.Responsibilities:
- Workstation relocation and configuration
- Basic workstation troubleshooting (hardware and software)
- Preventative maintenance
- Render Farm health monitoring
- Prepare documentation, asset management, mange loan equipment
- A recent Computing (or related) qualification
- A strong passion for technology
- Technically hands-on
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a patient manner
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS.
- Hands-on hardware experience; builds, upgrades, repair.
- Understanding of networking
- Creating documentation and call logging
- Understanding or exposure to 3D application support would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail: can follow written procedures
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Thorough and methodical
- The ability to work well in a team
- Autonomous, resourceful, positive and calm in a production orientated environment
- Positive with a "can do" attitude
- Some heavy lifting involved
- Ability to build your own computer
- A sense of humor is preferred.
/privacy-policy . If you do not consent for your data to be used in this way then please do not continue with your application.