Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.We do not currently have openings available for the position of Surfacing Artist, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
DNEG’s Feature Animation department has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are delighted to officially launch the new facility. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our talented Surfacing Artists to work closely with our production team to create the textures, surface, and groom qualities needed for the completion of CG Characters and hard-surface models. They are responsible for d elivery of high quality hair, fur, feathers and organi c elements for our 3D characters and environments . They collaborate with the team to determine design and technical solutions.
Known for the quality of the work we produce, our Surfacing Artists work closely with Art Directors , Modellers and their Leads to achieve the desired looks of assets for production. They work to maintain or exceed the consistent high level of work while meeting deadlines.
- Experience working on high quality shading, surfacing and texturing.
- Familiarity with Feature Animation production.
- Attention to details in textures and materials.
- Previous experience with fur and feather grooming tools, such as Shave and a Haircut or Maya.
- Proficient in Mari (Preferred), Zbrush , Photoshop, or BodyPaint .
- A good understanding of material properties with regards to shading.
- Demo reel with descriptive break down illustrating knowledge and experience in painting, illustration, or design.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organised .
- Good time management.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.