The Post Production Manager
will perform a variety of operational and technical functions in support of cable entertainment creative post production. These functions include but are not limited to content ingest, archive, asset management, transcoding, transport; as well as Level 1 system and user support for cable entertainment content production. The manager will also act as an on-site administrator and support for the enterprise Production MAM product.
- Oversee the ingest, management and archive all promo-related media (including but not limited to show/promo shoot footage and promo/graphic project files) on production servers.
- Serve as the Avid/Editorial and Design servers storage administrator.
- Oversee daily transport of all source materials to the EC or DC GMO facilities for final finishing, as well as facilitate the transfer of content to external users and facilities.
- Managethe completion of media fulfillment requests for footage and promos to be distributed to other departments or external partners.
- Managethe completion of content ingest so preditors can access media from which to cut promos.
- Act as an onsite representative of the larger GMO organization and provide client facing L1 support and triage for both remote and local brand production teams and external facilities.
- Work closely with preditors and other brand users to ensure that their systems are fully functional, and that they are updated on any new processes or system changes.
- Create and update all post production guidelines, technical specs and workflow routines.
- Work closely with the project managers from each network to assist with post related initiatives or issues.
- Manage user onboarding and technical maintenance of the Aspera, Signiant and other transport and ingest systems. Serve as an administrator for MediaSilo or any other related review tools.
- Work with Engineering to properly escalate technical issues
- Administration of transcoders and systems for upload to various delivery platforms
- On-site administrator and L1 support for Production MAM, once launched.
Basic QualificationsAt least 2-3 years of experience in post-production or knowledge of editing and post processes
Experience working with Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop and Interplay Access, Media Central, transcode and transport systems
Ability to read audio/video scopes
Experienced knowledge of video/audio codecs, file formats, camera formats and resolutions
Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply to be considered (note job #:43168BR)
Must be willing to work in our Los Angeles, CA office
Must have a flexible work schedule, including willingness to work days, nights, and weekends as needed
Strong attention to detail and very organized
Ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure
Ability and desire to learn new technology, trouble shoot issues, and train others
Excellent communications skills and ability to interface with multiple deparments, clients and vendors
Ability to work independently while maintaining team culture
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.