DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Editor (Animatic) to join its in-house team in Glendale, CA. Our Editors (Animatic) create animatics from storyboard images that serve as final animation reference.Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Create an animatic from rough assemble to final lock by implementing well timed edits and incorporating the appropriate dialogue, sound effects and temp music
- Incorporate notes from the show’s creative directors, producers, and executives during edit sessions and offer creative suggestions when needed
- Participate in storyboard pitch sessions and animatic screenings
- Responsible for timely execution of deliverables
- Work closely with production staff to ensure timely and appropriate implementation of dialogue, music, sound effects, and storyboards
- After the final screening assist production staff in importing the locked animatic into Adobe Premiere for shipping and tracking purposes
- Previous editing experience
- A strong understanding of film making
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Storyboard Pro preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Able to edit quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Television animation editing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Flix, Photoshop, and After Effects is useful
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines
- Understanding of animation principles
- Film enthusiast
- Highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.