The Producer will produce packages and segments on a variety of topics such as news and entertainment. Moreover, the Producer will conduct all research and coordinate all content including videos, interviews, graphics, etc. In addition, the Producer will pitch stories, book guests and write scripts. This Producer role will be located in Los Angeles and will report to the Un Nuevo Dia team located in Miami.
- Develop and produce live guest segments.
- Implement work independently with guidance from the Line Producer and Executive Producer.
- Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
- Conduct pre-interviews of guests and based on their responses, script questions for use by anchors and reporters.
- Manage and arrange any necessary travel logistics for guests
- Write compelling copy and teases when needed.
- Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
- Partner with other departments as needed (news, ARV, etc).
- Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas
- Coordinate specific production and staffing needs for broadcasts, including editing as needed
- Review original editorial content for the piece or package that will be used during the show or newscast. Define the style and tone of a package or piece, including selecting all sound bites and footage. Supervise scripts and the editing of a story.
- Field Produce stories and assist with live shots and exterior shoots/remotes with strong technically skills. Prepare research for stories as needed.
- The ability work closely with editors and supervise the post production process with camera operators.
- Attain a solid knowledge of all show elements; how they work and how they are applied within a show
- Provide story ideas and suggestions to improve broadcasts on a regular basis
- Produce briefs, newscast, and segments for quality control and content
- Strong understanding and relations with the Southern California community: publicists, managers, artists, locations etc.
• Associates Degree in Communications or minimum 3 years of experience in television production, including shooting and editing in a deadline driven environment
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
. Must be willing to travel
• Must submit to a background check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Prior experience booking guests and producing segments in news market, national platform, or business news environment
• Self-starter with a highly developed rolodex, who can work effectively under pressure and with daily deadlines
• Solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Motion and After Effects
• Proficient with i-News computer system
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.