- NBC Owned Stations is looking for a Digital Video Producer who can develop, shoot, write and edit content for website and social media channels.
- Are you a self-starter, ready to take risks and go beyond the boundaries of conventional media? You will research, conceptualize, write, produce, shoot and edit videos to use across multiple digital platforms. We are looking for a candidate with a proven ability to create videos that are shareable and have impact with a mobile/social audience. The storyteller will work on projects from inception to conclusion. In addition to creating videos for mobile platforms, the team will explore new video formats and storytelling devices. As a digital video producer, you will create all types of content; from mini-docs to investigative reports, explainers to quick-turn breaking news updates. We want our storytellers constantly pitching ideas for new and unique video franchises.
- Our team of innovators is ready to question every step of the traditional process and willing to experiment. We seek a storyteller who can create compelling content, isn’t afraid to fail and always takes ownership of their work.
- You will:
- Pitch, produce, write, shoot and edit videos
- Research stories that will resonate with a digital audience
- Collaborate with multimedia journalists and investigative reporters
- Pitch, produce, develop and create digital video franchise concepts
- Own projects from conception to completion
- Basic Qualifications:
- At least 4+ years video editing experience
- At least 4+ years shooting experience with DSLR cameras
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
- Have excellent news judgment, with the ability to communicate stories that people will want to share
- Deep knowledge of current events
- Ability to write with AP Style
- Understand the difference in editing styles depending on distribution platform
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit samples of editing work to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
- Must be willing to work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Expert Adobe Premiere Editor
- A solid understanding of Adobe After Effects creating motion graphics
- Knowledge of Adobe Essential Graphics workflow is a plus
- Strong in Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge and ability to write using AP Style guidelines
- Strong ability to source and research stories
- Ability to take a complicated concept and explain for everyone to understand
- Passion and ability to interview people to get to the guts of a story
- Passion for digital storytelling
- Understand the landscape of digital video and how videos change when created for various platforms
- Keeps up with technologies and resources
- Knowledge of web and video content management systems (CMS)
- Multitasking and communication skills
- Experience working in a newsroom and in breaking news situations
- Strong understanding of social media and digital video consumption
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.