As a Production Assistant, you will work directly with the show’s anchor, producers, senior producers and executive producers to assist in production of live news. This Production Assistant role is focused on research and analysis to provide content for segments.
Hours are Monday to Friday from 1am to 9am.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research political verbiage and craft into compelling content that results in meaningful stories
- Research data that supports content regarding policy issues and concerns
- Analyse research and use critical thinking to develop content
- Prepare briefing notes, one sheets, and scripts
- Assist in compiling research for anchors and producers
- Research policy narratives for segments
- Provide daily support by managing calendars and coordinating media appearances
- Schedule and book travel when needed
- Organize and schedule meetings and interviews
- Print scripts for anchors and ensure host is prepared for live broadcast, act as liaison between studio and control room during live broadcast
- Assist team with ordering supplies, catering and other ad hoc requests
•Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
•Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
•Must be willing to work in New York, NY
•Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
•Demonstrated interest in current events, politics and public affairs
•Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure
•Strong internet research techniques
•Strong knowledge of social media
•Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.