The Coordinating Producer is responsible for booking speakers for assigned CNBC Events, producing event sessions and working with the Executive Producer to determine editorial content and strategies.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
* Develop editorial vision and produce assigned events and live guest sessions. Implementing work independently and/or with guidance from Executive Producer.
* Find and book compelling guests for assigned conferences.
* Conduct pre-interviews of guests, script questions and prepare briefing documents for use by anchors and reporters. Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests, manages event-day guests movements and schedule.
* Envision and execute novel / creative on-stage formats.
* Coach booked speakers on presentation delivery and content.
* Collaborate with CNBC TV to book relevant event guests on shows before and during assigned events.
* Collaborate with CNBC digital and social to promote and amplify events.
* Write compelling session descriptions and continuity for event hosts.
* Secure / create elements such as video, polls, interactive elements to elevate event attendee experience.
* Maintain knowledge of competitive events.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
* Generate ideas for event speakers and topics, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.Qualifications/Requirements
*Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and producing in a live television or events / conferences environment *Must have exceptional writing/researching skills and editorial judgment
*Prior experience booking high profile guests and producing in a business news environment and / or for live events / conferences is strongly preferred.
*Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under deadline pressure.
*Demonstrated editorial agility, i.e. experience producing content about a wide variety of topics.
*Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to tell a compelling story
*MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.