Content Distribution is a division of NBCUniversal that drives the North American distribution of the company’s multi-billion dollar television portfolio to cable, satellite and telco providers, as well as live streaming services and other digital platforms. A key revenue-generator, the division oversees the distribution of NBC and Telemundo owned stations, all of NBCUniversal’s cable entertainment, news and sports networks, and the Olympics. The group also leads the content strategy and development for offerings that include video-on-demand (VOD) and TV Everywhere (TVE).Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
- Marketing and Communications
- Marketing & Communications: Interns support the group’s overall function, which is to develop innovative integrated marketing initiatives with our distribution partners to reinforce the value of the NBCUniversal’s network portfolio and increase network ratings. Tasks can include tracking our network promos, compiling and sending industry news to company executives, event set-up and clean-up, and ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Sales: Interns support the Content Distribution sales team with day-today projects including: strategy and research for upcoming and current deals, data analysis, Excel calculations, and general administrative tasks for the department.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019\\\\
• Desired Backgrounds: Business, Business Administration, Communications Digital/New Media, Film/Television, Marketing, Media Studies, Public Relations
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player, high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel, ability to multi-task, knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.