We are all about making stuff. New stuff. Mold-breaking stuff. And we are setting out to invent a new kind of news channel for a rising generation of news junkies. OTT. On all the time. Live news of the highest quality. Authentic. Voicy. Not extreme. No shouting allowed. Unexpected. Maybe even funny sometimes. But always informative and always stories well-told.
There are tens of millions of people who need the news but who don’t have cable. Inventing a new channel requires a new kind of voice. Creative, untethered to the tried and true but knows a best practice or two that’s worth following. Fearless, deeply journalistic, and a thoughtful story-teller.
If inventing the future of news sounds like a good reason to get out of bed and go to work in the morning, then take a look at the nitty gritty below and get in touch. Resumes are helpful, sure, but seeing your work is what it’s all about. And if your current body of work so far doesn’t paint the right picture of you, then make us something else. But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.The bulk of the job:
- Figure out how to frame and write the big stories of the day
- Pitch unique and compelling stories that fit our voice
- Write smart, bulletproof, insightful scripts that takes us deeper
- Help us develop the voice of the network
- Identify the sound and video of the moment – it might not be what everyone else is talking about!
- Work closely with EP, show hosts, reporters, producers, APs, and PAs to communicate your vision
You are strong in all the following ways:
• Journalism (enough said)
• You’ve got a nose for a story, and the writing skills to tell it
• Workflow management – you’re at the center of getting shows on the air
• You work fast, but things get really good when news is breaking and time to air is getting short
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a long day
• 5+ years of your working life have been spent doing a job that resembles this one,
• You have a great sense of humor, or you can recognize one when you see it
• You have big thoughts and the courage to voice them
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.