Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
The Audio Assist (A2/Stage Manager)
is a full-time, project-based position that should last for approximately 18 months.
•Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live and taped programming under supervision of Director and Operations management.
•Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming.
•Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems
•Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources across multiple studios to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
•Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying Operations management should anything require repair or replacementQualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
- Two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera studio production
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Previous experience with SSL audio boards, RTS intercom systems & ENCO audio servers a plus
Configuration knowledge of the RTS Adam Edit communication system preferred
- Knowledge of all commonly used RF and wired microphones, IFB and PL systems
- Familiarity with NY sports
- Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom computer system a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.