As a Producer for the On Assignment unit, you will cover stories all over the world, including breaking news, political stories, conflicts and other hard news and feature stories but you will have a specific focus on investigative projects. In that capacity, you will develop, report, film and package long-form, original investigative stories that are ambitious and groundbreaking while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and fairness. As a member of the unit you will collaborate with the other producers and support their work, coming together as a team when the story calls for it and assisting from afar to make every story we produce better. Working closely with your team you will contribute to every one of NBC’s many platforms including broadcast, cable and the internet.Qualifications/Requirements
• Generate and regularly deliver major investigative stories– both for On Assignment and across NBC’s other platforms.
• Pitch original and ambitious international stories
• Supervise a sizable team in the field while reporting on stories
• Write scripts and supervise the edit process
• Work closely with Chief Foreign Correspondent, Richard Engel
• Coordinate with all other parts of NBC News, MSNBC and digital platforms on live shots, a Nightly News piece or a story for the website, etc.
• Coordinate the various processes that get a story on TV or on the web and form relationships with many parts of the NBC News around the world.
• Must work well within a team that deals with fast-paced and unpredictable coverage.
• Must be able to embrace the changing assignments and work well within a team while doing
• Must have extensive experience uncovering and reporting major international investigative stories.
• Must have experience producing international stories for an American audience
• Must have excellent research, writing and editorial skills.
• Must be able to show an extensive body of work demonstrating writing and investigative skills.
• Must be proficient in Outlook, iNews, twitter, Facebook, etc
• Must flexible and focused at all times
Open Date: 1st October 2018
Close Date: 29th October 2018
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 25 hours of television news programming with the top-rated NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and Meet the Press programs as well as America’s longest-running morning news program, TODAY. The network’s primetime newsmagazine, Dateline provides a variety of in-depth stories week in and week out ranging from mysteries and breaking news to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital Group, includes Apply
, iVillage, Apply
, social media, apps and all of the network’s digital initiatives.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.