DNEGs Feature Animation division has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are delighted to officially launch the new facility! Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will depend on our Character TDs to create animation rigs for characters, creatures, props and vehicles. From time to time, it may be required to implement proprietary tools to aid in the creation of animation rigs. This is a team effort so you’ll work closely with our Rigging Supervisors and Animation Leads/Supervisors to develop the most suitable rigging solutions.
- Needs to have proven years of experience with major creature/character projects
- Thorough knowledge of their area of character specialisation ( i.e , body, face, mechanical rigs)
- Full working knowledge of Maya.
- Need to be comfortable with the more technical aspects of character/creature work where appropriate, and have strong visual and artistic skills as well.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical character/creature heavy post-production environment.
Nice to Have
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. MEL, Python) would be beneficial, but not essential
- Team oriented.
- Courteous and helpful.
- Able to take direction well .
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.