This position is responsible for providing the leadership, direction and resources to effectively supervise physical plant functions, daily departmental operations and special projects in support of Citywalk and Parking Operations.Responsibilities include:
- Supervise and standardize the operations and activities of the Maintenance department by allocating and coordinating labor and non-labor resources to ensure maximum efficiency
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day maintenance of physical plant assets, equipment, utilities, grounds, and the testing of emergency systems
- Responsible for supervising approximately (15) fifteen employees of the CityWalk Technical Services Department
- Provides positive and strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring for employees as well as monitor performance objectives and results
- Works closely with internal clients to identify and correct operational issues quickly
- Keep records of all maintenance and service activities and cycles in MAXIMO
- Comply with all safety regulations set by USH/EHS and all regulatory agencies governing USH
• 5-7 years demonstrated experience in facilities supervision, Plant operations
• Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day
• Associate’s degree in related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to work rotating schedules, holidays, weekends and nights.
• Working knowledge of Facility Life/Safety Systems and equipment (Fire alarms-fire sprinkler systems)
• Working knowledge of equipment, systems, quality control and troubleshooting within the area of responsibility (Electrical, HVAC, Water Treatment, Plumbing, Painting, Landscape, Maintenance, General Construction, Paving/Roadways)
• A strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service
• Ability to achieve results through the flawless execution of strategies and objectives
• Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and employees and all levels of management and USH business units
• Strong organizational, planning, delegation, mentoring and coaching skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects and Environmental Management Systems
• Experience in a Union work environment preferred
Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.