, the digital arm of the TODAY show, is looking for a highly skilled video producer/shooter to join our talent led team, who can create stunning original videos for our digital, mobile and social platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a strong producer, shooter and editor with a proven track record of creating gorgeous, addictive digital video with and without on-screen talent. Familiarity with TODAY broadcast talent and a genuine passion for our core verticals (food, style, home, wellness, pop culture, parents)are musts. This producer will work with our talent-led original video team to conceptualize and create both one-offs and series to succeed on site, social, OTT and across partners, as well as adapt to emerging platforms and opportunities.
Our original video offerings range from sit-down from interviews and feature profiles, to hacks & how-to’s in each section. The ideal candidate for this role will bring enthusiasm and energy to each project, as well as creative ideas around how we can re-imagine graphics and visual styles, working with the team to create new and engaging templates for our various content franchises. We’re looking for someone who can not only come up with great ideas and potential sources/subjects in these areas, but who can also work with our editors to transform their ideas into reality and elevate our existing content into franchises that can dominate in the digital space.
Lighting expertise and ability to meet deadlines are a must as the ideal candidate will need to be able to set up shoots quickly and edit multiple videos per month.
We need someone who understands the TODAY voice and can bring that sensibility to each production. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an iconic media brand and exercise creativity as we extend our footprint and voice into the digital space.
• 5+ years of experience shooting, producing and editing video with talent for digital platforms
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must have a strong aesthetic eye and cinematic tendencies
• Expertise with key productions in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content, not TV-related
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Self-starter who can book and produce complex shoots as well as adapt editors’ ideas into successful production plans
• Ambitious and driven to succeed, but also excited to learn new equipment, techniques and processes.
• Imaginative and creative producer who is comfortable completely reinventing existing franchises and inventing new formats
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage many projects moving along at different deadline speed
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.