Weta Digital is hiring Pipeline TDs for the Shots R&D department to help build production pipeline tools and workflows within the FX domain. The Shots R&D department provides production tools and work flows for the FX, Lighting, Comp and Matte Painting departments, and solutions that interconnect these departments with other groups in the company.
This is a highly technical position, and would suit a candidate with well developed technical skills and a genuine interest in problem solving. The role requires interaction with artists as well as software engineers and other pipeline groups within the facility. Therefore good communication skills and a willingness to work on multiple varied tasks are essential.
Most importantly, the candidate must be motivated and interested in the opportunity to learn new systems and concepts and be willing and able to adapt to the changing needs of feature film production.Required skills
- Creating innovative and robust production pipeline development and workflow solutions.
- Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Python, broad experience with other programming languages a plus.
- Experience working in an FX department or directly with FX artists.
- Experience with source control systems such as SVN/git
- Knowledge of and experience using Linux environment
- Experience with simulation software for visual effects.
- Strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Previous experience as an FX artist.
- Team leadership experience.
- Experience with QT and UX design.
- Experience with Maya and Houdini APIs
- Strong technical understanding of shading, lighting and rendering.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand