WTVJ – NBC 6 is looking for a dynamic visual storyteller who can be a part of a strong Investigative and Special Projects unit. This person should be aggressive, creative, talented and kind. The role is primarily shooting special projects and enterprise stories including investigations but could include daily news.
- Shoot and edit high-quality, national-level content for use on television and on-line.
- Enhance storytelling through the deliberate use of compelling images, natural sound, and engaging graphics.
- Collaborate with a variety of reporters and producers to ensure the best content is collected with the main focus on accuracy and creativity.
- Will operate camera, live truck, and edit ENG machines for tape and/or live events.
- Coordinate and organize all visual elements needed for editing.
- Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel.
• A minimum of 4 years experience shooting and live remotes in a Broadcast station.
• A minimum of 3 years experience operating an ENG live/microwave truck.
• A minimum of 2 year experience non-linear Editing, preferably Adobe Premier and Edius, with a strong background in computer skills.
• Must be able to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
--Lift and carry camera equipment ranging from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time to shoot both in studio and on remote locations.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar/Miami locations.
• Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, class D.
• Must be willing to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Bilingual Preferred, English and Spanish command
• Trade school or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Great decision making skills in fast paced, high pressure deadline situations
• Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.