We are looking for a Creative Director to join our NBC News creative team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about all things design, with a penchant for strong conceptual thinking and a careful understanding of realistic production requirements. We are seeking a person that is an “out of the box” thinker but can also live comfortably within the walls of daily production needs and deadlines.
While we are predominately a broadcast design environment, the future lies in digital production, web-based programming and design support for new initiatives. The role will require someone who can work and develop inventive solutions for a variety of platforms.
- Devise imaginative and effective concepts for projects
- Apply high standards of design and direction
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, leading and inspiring our creative team.
- Develop, inspire and grow the team into the new technical requirements of the digital design realm.
- Champion good creative direction for clients and colleagues with advice and guidance.
• Strong conceptual thinking in animations and design that can be applied across a wide selection of communication channels and assets
• Good working knowledge of key design software (Adobe Suite, web-based software, UX process, etc.)
• Foster a collaborative team-based approach to projects and solutions
• Ability to manage high standards and tight deadlines in a fast-paced production environment.
• Curiosity with a focus on latest industry trends in design and technical solutions.
• 5+ years of experience in the creative field – with at least 2 years of experience at the senior art director level
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.