CNBC Digital Video is looking for a business-news obsessed associate producer for its News and Programming team. The role requires creating and curating video covering the mostimportant business, markets and political stories of the day. The idealcandidate is a motivated, disciplined and tech-savvy producer who would help the team identify new ways to create original videos using existing broadcast footage. This producerwill also pitch and produce off-air interviews, digital originalsegments and help on shoots across other teams within the video department.
This associate producershould beable to work independently and be available to start work early in the morning. The morning shift for this position starts at 6am in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Selecting the most newsworthy soundbites from broadcast interviews and news segments
- Crafting compelling and accurate headlines and descriptions for videos appearing on Apply and other platforms
- Optimizing video clips for SEO, metadata tracking and distribution partners
- Pitching, producing and editing original digital videos using existing broadcast footage, such as analyst mashups, timelines and other creative executions
• At least one year of experience working in a fast-paced digital or TV newsroom.
• Strong writing skills and news judgement
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressures
• Ability to work early mornings and/or weekends depending on breaking news
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Premiere Pro and Photoshop. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
• Experience shooting with Canon 5D and Canon C100 in field and studio settings are a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.