Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include the recently released Game of Thrones mobile game.
Turbine, Inc., a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a VFX Artist to join their art team. Primary responsibilities will include providing runtime particle effects in Unity for Turbine's mobile strategy games. The position also includes making animated sprite effects, UI effects, and rendered effects for still images.
Working with the technical artists and animators, the ideal VFX artist can deliver assets that amp up gameplay and enhance player experience on a mobile platform.
What part will you play?
- Generate 3D and 2D VFX assets for games on mobile devices.
- Ensure that all VFX objects are created and implemented on schedule.
- Address visual bugs and improve upon existing assets.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the art team to create a cohesive and impressive player experience.
- Generate clever solutions to create the most efficient assets possible.
What do we require from you?
- 3+ years of game development experience.
- An understanding of art production within a game studio.
- Experience working with Unity and an understanding of its VFX system.
- The ability to create original texture sprites and images.
- Proficient with Maya or similar 3D package.
- Proficient with Photoshop or other texture generating software.
- The ability to collaborate with the development team, keeping an open mind and being a team player.
- The ability to accept feedback and receive creative criticism positively.
- Experience with or open to working with JIRA or similar task tracking software.
- Self-motivation, the ability to multi-task, and enthusiasm is a must.
- Knowledge of animation, modeling, and\\or shaders is a plus.
- Knowledge of other art disciplines and art production pipelines is a plus.
- Application Requirements
- To be considered for this role you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work.
- Include a variety of examples, as well as a shot breakdown if the works are in collaboration with other artists.