OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
A Software Engineer (Production Pipeline) designs and implements tools that manage and visualize the data used in the creation of animated feature films. Production Engineers are responsible for integrating proprietary and third party tools into production. Production Engineering is involved with every production department from Design to Final Render. PE standardizes the workflow to ensure clean handoff of data. Each engineer is responsible for producing reliable and reusable code and provides assistance to Technical Directors during the design and deployment of departmental tools.
- Write and maintain inter-department tools.
- Work closely with the Research and Development group to ensure successful software deployment.
- Troubleshoot and debug problems across multiple departments and software packages.
- Work with all departments to perfect workflow and hand-off of information.
- Continually review the pipeline and provide solutions to increase overall efficiency.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in C, C++, Python, Object Oriented Programming, Model/View/Controller framework
- Experience with using and integrating major third party tools such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Shotgun
- Experience with multiple GUI toolkits (Qt a plus)
- Experience with back end persistent storage mechanisms such as SQL, XML, and JSON.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.