OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
JOB DESCRIPTION Purpose of the job:
A Software Engineer (Immersive Technologies) designs, develops, and integrates immersive tools into the creation of animated feature films. As a member of the Production Engineering (PE) team, you will improve the overall visual fidelity of our films through the use of immersive technologies including VR and AR. Production Engineering provides critical tools and support to every production department from Design to Final Render. We are looking for candidates who are eager to keep up with the latest in real-time and interactive technologies and have a desire to develop a cutting-edge animation production pipeline. These engineers create the core logic for our virtual production pipeline used to enhance our stories.
- Work closely with production artists and technical directors to develop and integrate interactive real-time tools.
- Rapid prototype, continuously iterate, test, and optimize application builds for target HMDs/platforms.
- Keep up with and integrate third party technologies, APIs, SDKs as they are released.
- Partner closely with the other Technical Directors and Engineers in the Production Technology group to establish best practices and ensure successful software deployment.
- Troubleshoot and debug problems across multiple departments and software packages.
- Develop clean code and maintain inter-department virtual production tools.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required:
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in C#, C++, Python.
- Strong Math and Computer Graphics/Visual Computing foundation.
- Strong understanding of program optimization and data structures.
- Experience with developing plugins for Unreal and/or Unity.
- Experience with one or more VR/AR devices.
- Experience with real-time engine architectures and OpenGL APIs
- Familiarity with writing importers/exporters and standard formats (e.g. USD, Alembic, FBX).
- Familiarity with shader programming (e.g. cg, hlsl, glsl).
- Familiarity with using and integrating major DCCs (e.g. Maya, Houdini).
- Familiarity with VR hardware, depth sensors and SDK, coding custom wrappers.
- Experience in UI/UX design a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.