This position is responsible for maintaining the Home Entertainment BI and Analytics systems including oversight of the development teams and support activities. The individual engages with multiple business and IT teams to define, prioritize, and implement functional enhancements and operational changes across a number of technical platforms.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Home Entertainment business teams. Understands current business processes, identifies gaps and opportunities with their BI capabilities, and prioritizes the delivery of reporting initiatives across departments
- Manages and coordinates technical development activities across multiple onshore and offshore contractor teams and ensures high quality work products that meet the business requirements
- Manages communications to business and IT stakeholder audiences for all projects and operational activities
- Acts as the IT subject matter expert and escalation point across the full landscape of reporting and analytics applications
- Maintains awareness of current trends in business intelligence and data discovery technologies at both an industry level and within NBCU
- Maintain working relationships with support staff vendors, data providers, and other NBCUniversal Technology teams
Qualifications/RequirementsMinimum 4 years of hands-on experience implementing the technologies supporting a BI ecosystem along with a strong understanding of traditional and modern business intelligence architectures
Minimum 2 years of experience leading a business intelligence development team and partnering with business users on the delivery of reporting and analytics solutions
Strong analytical skills with the ability to engage with business users, understand functional problems, and utilize technology to analyze data and create BI solutions
Experience with managing medium to large-scale implementations through all phases of a software development lifecycle
Proven knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Scrum project management methodologies
Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with leadership teams and end-users
Experience with MicroStrategy, Tableau, or Power BI business intelligence tools
Experience with traditional Enterprise Data Warehouse and Big Data platforms
Creative and original thinker who is self-motivated and has the ability to learn new technologies
Functional knowledge of Home Entertainment or packaged media industry
Ability to demonstrate initiative and work on assigned tasks independently, leveraging team members and resources as necessary
Ability to effectively collaborate with teams across varying time zones
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.