- NBCUniversal seeksto add an experienced Senior Editor to our Advertising and Program Standards department. As a Senior Editor, you willwork toensure program content and advertisements comply with internal and external standards,laws, and regulations,while being cognizant of publicpolicyand community acceptability considerations. You will be highly professional with a thoughtful, proactive nature, strong people skills and the ability to solve problems creatively and collaboratively. You will also possess effective communication and diplomatic skills, excellent multi-tasking skills, and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. You will also be expected to proactively monitor and analyze department processes, and develop and implement innovative ideas.This position is based in our Universal City offices, however as we are a bicoastal department, you will be expected to partner effectively with colleagues on the East Coast.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review creative materials for advertising and programming and provideclearly articulated verbal and written notes and practical guidance consistent with NBCUniversal’s standards, and FTC, FDA and FCC rules and regulations.
- Review scripted and non-scripted entertainment programming, from script through final edits, overseeing corrective editing and attending run-throughs, tapings and other in-studio or on-location shoots as needed.
- Review advertisements from concept to final editto ensure that they are truthful, tasteful, substantiated, and non-deceptive.
- Review all broadcast elements of advertising and programming and coordinate with internal departments and external parties to ensure that they are in compliance with NBCUniversal’s standards.
- Identify standards and business issues and make sensitive contextual judgments concerning program and advertising content.
- Apply Television Parental Guideline Ratings to assigned shows.
- Operate the delay button on live productions, including after regular working hours, during holidays and on weekends, as needed.
- Negotiateand collaborate withthe creative community, including programming executives, writers, producers, editors, advertising agencies, as well as legalcounsel and NBCUniversal Ad Sales.
- While this is a full time position, flexibility is essential as you may be required to work some evenings and weekend hours to meet operational needs, like show specific production schedules and timelines.
- BA/BS degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in Standards and Practices (Program and/or Advertising) for a broadcast and/or cable network.
- Masters or advanced degree. English or Media Production degree a plus.
- Knowledge of the legal issues applicable to program and advertising review, including familiarity with FCC, FTC and FDA rules and regulations.
- Excellent analytic, negotiation and time management skills, with superior attention to detail.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective team-player with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Computer proficiency - familiarity with PIX, DAX, Studio System, MediaVu and/or MediaQurator a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.