The executive producer for CNBC Events will lead editorial production of key externally funded editorial CNBC international events and projects such as East-Tech-West, the CNBC CFO Council roundtables and CNBC’s key note events at the World Economic Forum in Davos. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with teams across all CNBC departments, will be based in London or Singapore and reports to the VP, International Managing Editor.Qualifications/Requirements
• Oversee editorial deliverables of key events and projects including but not limited to:
o Identifying trends and topics relevant to the CNBC audience
o Shaping the format and event opportunities within the CNBC portfolio
o Securing relevant speakers and moderators for international events
• Establish and maintain a network of key note speakers and major business and political leaders to attend key CNBC events
• Build event editorial overview and drive planning of key note news driven TV debates.
• Work in close collaboration with CNBC Catalyst to deliver advertiser backed editorial events.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in events or in television news production
• Rapport and relationship building to develop CNBC guest and event network is essential
• Extensive business contacts at a senior level is imperative
• Understanding of the commercial landscape in the events industry
• Proven track record of delivering major events preferable
• Excellent editorial judgment and news journalism skills
• Outstanding organization skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and effectively prioritise workload
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and able to build strong relationships
• University degree or related education or experience
CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.