Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games and the developers of Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor and Middle Earth Shadow of War, are seeking passionate and talented game developers to join us in creating our next big gaming innovation.
Monolith Productions, developers of Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor and Middle Earth Shadow of War, are seeking passionate and talented game developers to join us in creating our next big gaming innovation.
Monolith a subsidiary of WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Artist, Materials who has a passion for creating industry leading materials across all content. Candidate will be responsible for leading a team of material artists in establishing, maintaining and continually improving the efficiency and quality of the studio material library across all relevant game content. The Senior Artist, Materials will work closely with the Directors of Art, Principle Lighting Artist, World Art Manager, Lead Artist Character, and the material art team to ensure that both the aesthetic quality and content creation efficiency is maintained at the highest level. Candidate will have a deep familiarity of PBR material pipelines, Substance Designer/Painter and equivalent software, and knowledge of real world material properties. The Senior Artist, Materials will regularly attend cross discipline meetings and discussions to obtain a deep understanding of project goals and dependencies. Candidate will participate in regular reviews with the Material team and Directors to help maintain consistency and quality of materials. Additionally, The Senior Artist, Materials is responsible for researching, developing, and recommending new art/tech to help push the studio quality bar of all material content. JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS Work Experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- 5+ years working as an environment/material artist with a keen focus on creating materials and textures for next gen AAA games
- At least 3 shipped AAA titles.
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
- Expert knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer.
- Strong understanding of PBR lighting models and its interaction with materials.
- At least 5+ years of ZBrush and/or other digital sculpting tools.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of architectural styles with an ability to apply knowledge from historical references.
- Excellent understanding of geology, rock formations, terrain, and foliage.
- Strong understanding of foundation art fundamentals including; color theory, composition, internal/external silhouette, and value structures.
- Strong understanding of new gen shader technology with an ability to create a wide range of highly realistic materials.
- Strong experience and understanding of art pipelines with experience in development for Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing technology with an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the environment art creation pipeline.
- Strong organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Portfolio/website/reel demonstrating fundamental foundation art skills, design sensibilities, and attention t