Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Sr. Rendering Software Engineer for the WBG San Francisco Engineering department. As a Sr. Graphics Engineer, you will be responsible for providing solutions to enable our game teams to deliver the highest quality visual experience to our players.
What part will you play?
This position requires working closely with the Art and Design teams to define and develop an efficient graphics pipeline, writing shaders to allow for outstanding visuals and graphical performance optimization on mobile constrained devices. You will also be a leader in establishing best practices, assisting / mentoring other engineers on the team and identifying problem areas / opportunities for improvement in the codebase.
- Design and Develop a high-efficiency graphics pipeline for building content.
- Write and optimize shaders.
- Rendering performance optimization.
- Requirements Gathering / Documentation.
- Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
- Review the work of other Graphics Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 5 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Unity development experience required.
- Excellent C# programming skills.
- Knowledge of HLSL / GLSL.
- Knowledge of ShaderLab.
- Deep knowledge of Unity.
- Very strong knowledge on how to optimize 3D rendering to reach best possible FPS on a mobile platform.
- Extensive experience with animation systems.
- Extensive experience writing and optimizing shaders and graphical effects.
- Experience setting up pipelines for efficient content creation.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong graphics performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with non technical people.
- Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
- Passion for making games.