Working closely with the Head of Animation , our Animation Supervisors play a huge part in maintaining Double Negative as a leading player in live action VFX animation work. We reply heavily on our Supervisors to manage and supervise our animation team from juniors to leads.
Collaboration at Dneg is vital to produce high quality work and our Animation Supervisors work closely with directors and VFX Supervisors to develop the performance of characters and creatures and ensure the continuity throughout the show.
The animation team at Double Negative is a tight knit department and it’s hugely important that the team enjoys the work they are undertaking and aware of the director’s vision. Our Animation Leads are there to support the supervisors and assists with casting shots to the team when needed . Animation Supervisors are also the point of contact for any animation requests from other departments. This includes the Build team to ensure the models are suitable for rigging and the Rigging department to guarantee the rig meets the animator’s need to control, functionality, usability and performance.
Double Negative is continuously focused on improving our pipeline and we value input from all our Supervisors. By working closely with our R&D and Pipeline teams, it’s important our Animation Supervisors are vocal in their thoughts and suggestions to aid the delivery of high-quality animation.
- A thorough knowledge of relevant technologies in the field of CG animation.
- Over 10 years CG experience working on high profile live action and full CG feature films.
- Prior experience leading teams and the ability to delegate tasks when needed.
- Experience working directly with clients and directors and comfortable submitting your thoughts
- Ability to perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3 -dimensional space, including accurately interpret 3D layouts and analyse 3D form
- Experience problem solving and predicting potential problems that may arise with assigned tasks
- Team orientated
- A leader and mentor
- Highly motivated
- Accepting of change
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.