ResponsibilitiesProject Manager Description
NBC Universal’s Global Media Operations (GMO) team is seeking a Project Manager that will be part of the PMO team and responsible for working as a Scrum Master and project lead on technology teams delivering projects to enable and support business priorities. The wide range of services provided by GMO includes delivery of critical film and television assets and distribution of on-demand content and live streaming events to the web and mobile devices for TV Everywhere experiences. Our digital workflow tools and services are used by organizations throughout NBCUniversal including NBC News, NBC Entertainment, USA Network, SyFy, Bravo, Oxygen, Telemundo, and NBC Sports.\u2028\u2028Essential Responsibilities
- Work with internal management, product managers, developers, QA and stakeholders to launch innovative projects on time and within budget.\u2028
- Build an effective working partnership with product manager to lead team to success.
- Day-to-day management of scrum teams and technology projects.
- Frequent communication with project working groups to ensure everyone is aware of scope, action items, and project progress and changes\u2028
- Partner with colleague project and product managers within the GMO organization; establish strong communications and relationships with counterparts and stakeholders at various NBCU brands.
- Schedule and facilitate/lead all scrum meeting ceremonies for the team, including daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, planning & commitment, product demos, and retrospectives.
- Manage team capacity, deliverables and releases; ensure JIRA project and tickets are kept up to date.
- Own team metrics and submit Sprint, Monthly and Quarterly team performance metrics.
- Effectively mitigate risks, track and resolve dependencies, and utilize resources to remove impediments to the scrum team.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in the areas of team building, conflict resolution, Agile coaching, stakeholder management and customer service.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks and work streams to achieve department and business goals.
- Contribute to defining processes, documentation, and discipline for the Portfolio Management team.
- Conform to internal guidelines and expectations.
Basic QualificationsBachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or media technology and/or 5-7+ years of equivalent experience
5+ years of managing delivery of technology projects in an Agile environment as a Scrum Master
Thorough understanding of the end-to-end product development life cycle, best practices, and project management methodologies
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply to be considered (note job #: 43133BR)
Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; able to communicate effectively with customers in high-pressure situations
Experience in US Media & News environment preferred
Experience in video supply chain, delivery systems and playback preferred.
Exceptional technical, analytical, organizational, and research skills
Ability to lead and present program information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management
Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence
Strong team-building, vendor, and customer relations skills
Be analytical and process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.